AUSTIN, Texas, July 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- National Instruments (Nasdaq: NATI) today announced the keynote and summit presenters for the NIWeek 2012 worldwide graphical system design conference and exhibition on August 7—9 in Austin. Speakers include Thomas R. Kurfess and Robert Swan, as well as highly respected authorities to lead six specialized summits.
"NIWeek 2012 attendees will have an opportunity to hear from some of the world's foremost thought leaders in science and technology," said Ray Almgren, vice president of marketing for core platforms at National Instruments. "It is rare that a conference can provide speakers with expertise in such a wide variety of topics including energy technology, RF and communications, vision, aerospace and defense, big physics, and robotics — in just three days."
Other Speakers Include the Following:
- Michael Belfiore, author, journalist and renowned speaker
- Michael Webber, Center for International Energy and Environmental Policy, The University of Texas
- Jeff Bier, founder, Embedded Vision Alliance
- Dr. Edward Moses, director of National Ignition Facility (NIF) and Photon Science, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Dr. Kevin Jones, director of research accelerator division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Peter Corke, professor of robotics and control, Queensland University of Technology
- Dr. Rainer Bischoff, project coordinator for cooperative research projects, KUKA Laboratories GmbH
Click to Tweet: Another reason to attend @NIWeek - hear from polar explorer @2041RobertSwan and @WhiteHouse #tech advisor Dr. Kurfess http://bit.ly/N283HP
Readers can learn more about NIWeek and register at www.ni.com/niweek.
About National Instruments
Since 1976, National Instruments (www.ni.com) has equipped engineers and scientists with tools that accelerate productivity, innovation and discovery. NI's graphical system design approach to engineering provides an integrated software and hardware platform that speeds the development of any system needing measurement and control. The company's long-term vision and focus on improving society through its technology supports the success of its customers, employees, suppliers and shareholders. (NATI-G)
National Instruments, NI, ni.com and NIWeek are trademarks of National Instruments. Other product or company names listed are trademarks or trade names of their respective companies.
Editor Contact: Sarah Beck, (512) 683-5126
SOURCE National Instruments